WEDDINGS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. We can hold a provisional booking in our diary for up to 14 days.
2. In order to secure a date and to allow us to make appropriate arrangements, we would ask for a non-refundable deposit of £1000.00, which will be deducted from the final account along with a signed copy of these Terms and Conditions. In turn we will then issue a written confirmation.
3. Approximately 10 weeks prior to the wedding we would like to discuss final details.
4. A further 25% deposit of the anticipated balance will be required 10 weeks prior to the wedding to coincide with further details. Full prepayment of the anticipated balance will be required 4 weeks prior to the wedding. If final planning has by any chance not taken place at the point of 10 weeks prior, then the estimated invoice will be based on contracted and agreed numbers and information.
5. Two weeks prior to the wedding, we request proposed final numbers.
6. In the event that due, for example to a late and unexpected drop in final numbers, our Accounts Deptartment will process any refund within 14 days.
7. The final numbers attending a wedding should be given two days before the event. This will be the number charged to the account, unless there is a subsequent increase. A minimum number of 65 day guests applies to all bookings.
8. Receipt of a deposit constitutes a binding contract between hotel and client.
9. Tariffs commence on 1st November each year, running for a year. These prices prevail for any event happening in that particular year. In general terms only a change in government tax (VAT) would affect these, although we reserve the right to increase with, of course, prior notification. Put into context, this would be a rare event. Any forthcoming event booked in advance but coming within a particular forthcoming year should take account of potential increases and the likelihood of these can be indicated at the time of booking.
10. Initial deposits and main account settlements via credit card incur a surcharge of 2%.
11. In the unfortunate event that circumstances arise which necessitate a client cancelling a wedding that is confirmed to be held at Ballathie, our cancellation policy is as follows:
Up to 90 days prior to event – £1000.00
Between 89 days and 43 days prior – 50% of estimated cost
Between 42 days and the day of event – 100% of estimated cost
The estimated cost will be calculated using the numbers anticipated at the time of booking and will include the cost of bedrooms and loss of food, bar & wine revenue. Both initial deposits and pre-payments are non-refundable. We recommend that wedding insurance be considered for all weddings.
12. Ballathie will not be held responsible for any personal items lost after a wedding, or for any wedding accessories left at Ballathie after a wedding, unless the items have been given to a member of staff for safe keeping with their agreement, or we have agreed by prior arrangement to store certain items.
13. Our published prices for weddings have no applied service charges, and guests therefore often ask us about gratuities. For the avoidance of doubt, we do of course happily accept donations into the brigade gratuity fund, with all proceeds being divided monthly between all members of staff. Donations are entirely at the discretion of the client.
14. Guests are asked to remember that Ballathie House is a Grade ‘A’ listed building, and to therefore treat the house with due consideration. You will be responsible for the orderly conduct of your guests and shall ensure the house is in no way jeopardised. Ballathie House reserves the right to withdraw any bar facility, if necessary.